If you think political talk radio is a brutal place, you should try sports talk radio. In the world of news talk, you have a biased hosed with a political agenda attempting to spin current events to make you see them his way. In the world of sports talk, you largely have a field of minds so jammed with statistics and dates that they are unable to form a point of view on anything other than a simple Vegas line, let alone manage to try to find a way to spin the event for the mindless masses who tune it. This can make listening to channels like Mad Dog Radio on Sirius and XM Radio an exercise in frustration. Yet it is an exercise that I perform almost daily, and occasionally I call in to try to straighten some of these guys out. My latest beef? The New York Knicks.
On a side note, here is a list of the top ten things trlrtrash wouldn't do. Don't leave home without this list.
10. Trlrtrash would never purchase a home security alarm from Burglar & Sons Home Security.
9. Trlrtrash would never take a loan from ANTNY Bank and Trust Nobody. Sorry, Joey Bag Of Doughnuts. It just ain't gonna happen.
8. Trlrtrash would never take his truck to a mechanic whos shop was located on Shadtree Ave.
7. Trlrtrash would never vote for a guy named Hitler... or Stalin... or Mussolini... or Napoleon... or Hussein.
6. Trlrtrash would never plan a vacation using a pro-Jihad travel agency.
5. Trlrtrash would never buy a car named after a 3rd World Country. Yes, that would include your Yugo, enviro-nazi.
4. Trlrtrash would never go see Dr. Acula. He will not help you. He will only take your blood.
3. Trlrtrash would never, no matter how hungry he was, eat at Sam and Ella's Diner.
2. Trlrtrash would never seek legal advice from the Law Offices of Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe.
1. Trlrtrash would never ever give his money to a guy named Madoff.
Ever hear of K.I.S.S.? Keep It Simple, Stupid. What are the chances that a guy named Madoff will "make off" with your money? Pretty damned good.